066 Amelia Boone: Strong people are more useful.
Chances are, you have probably participated in an obstacle race. After all, millions and millions of people have last year alone. Well, in today’s episode we are inspired by one of the best obstacle course racers in the world. She has a regular job and works her butt off every day just like you and I and that’s where the inspiration starts. She is totally relatable. She only runs 15-20 miles a week for training but you have to listen to understand why. She has competed in 24 hour races and the sprints and everything in between and she always gets it done. She shares an inspring story of competitors stopping to carry an athlete in a wheelchair over an obstacle. Listen to her workout challenge in the Fitness On Fire segment and why she doesn’t “ramp up” or taper for her events. There is so much here for you to take away so stop reading and go listen to today’s Athlete On Fire.
“I definitely trudged uphill to school.”
In This Show We Hear
- All about her childhood in Oregon
- What about the upside down Christmas tree?
- The inspiring wheel chair story at competition
- A day in the life
- Why she only runs about 15-20 miles a week
- How lack of sleep has to be a part of her busy schedule
- She is a Broadway nerd?
- Why she sings to herself when competing
- Her mental tips for high level competition
- Why you should try her fitness challenge
- How she made “Thrift Shop” popular!
Quote on Fire
“You always regret the things that you don’t do.”
Quiz on Fire
Her namesake and by chance dad’s name, Daniel Boone is the topic of the quiz today.
Connect With Amelia
Breaking things into sizable chunks.
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Amelia
Listen to her challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.