065 Anthony Thompson: The Kokoda Trek in Papua New guinea.
Did you know one of the first battles the Japanese lost in World War II took place in Papua New Guinea? The Australians held the Japanese off in a historical battle and our guest today travelled the Kokoda Trek where it all took place. Part amazing athletic feat and adventure and part history lesson, today’s Athlete On Fire is taking us across the globe to learn more about the history and about the present day challenges to complete the trek. Our athlete hails from Sydney and was given the task of training one of the most famous chefs in Australia for the adventure, all for charity.
“Absorb the situation.”
In This Show We Hear
- Why his 93 year old grandfather is an inspiration
- What his childhood in Sydney was like
- How he is connected to Manu Fieldel
- The World Master moment that inspired him
- Why it was important to watch documentaries before his Kokoda adventure
- His account of crossing raging rivers
- His tough track and bodyweight Fitness On Fire
Quote on Fire
“The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” Vince Lombardi
Quiz on Fire
He hiked the Kokoda Trail, a jungle. What does he know about the famous book the Jungle Book?
Connect With Anthony
Absorb the situation.
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Anthony
Listen to his challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.