Our guest wanted a change from his life in his early thirties so he join a running club, ran his first marathon, and was hooked with the “running bug”. Fast forward to being named the Ultra Runner of year in Australia in 2013. We find out what a day in the life for him is like, and it is filled to the brim. As a sponsored athlete, special education teacher, and coach he shares stories from all three that are interesting and inspiring. We hope you all draw from the strength and integrity of this amazing Athlete On Fire!
In this show hear:
- Where in Australia he is.
- Fire and Australians, what’s the deal?
- How he got into trail running
- Learn about this amazing travels
- His first time in Colorado
- The 6 foot track marathon
- His failure on a course he previous broke the course record on
- How he uses visualization
- A day in the life of Brendan
- Relating athletics to his classroom.
“This is tough but I am tougher.”
- Visualization- He takes us into his mind and how he uses the technique.
Quote on Fire:
- “I always loved running… it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.”Jesse Owens
- ““There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Hemingway
Quiz on Fire:
We go over some funky sports he loves in Australia. Rogaining, snooker, Australian football, and more!
Book on Fire:
Connect with Brendan:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Brendan
He shares the Mona Fartlek he loves.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]