Our guest is a runner. He has mastered so many distances and styles of race that we could never cover it all in just one show but he does take us on the journey. From a childhood spent in the woods to the aventurous life in the Pacific NW we cover everything from the transition to Ultra distances to the Cascade Trifecta, an amazing attempt at an amazing feat. Stay with us as he gives a great running challenge for you to try out and if you have kids you are going to love what he is trying out for a better running experience with them. Another humble, interesting, and accomplished athlete on this episode will inspire you to go out to do amazing things yourself!
In this show hear:
- We dive into running with a stroller. Intense we know.
- Slurpee talk
- How running stemmed from running in the woods
- All about Oregon
- All about his crazy head trauma
- Why he competes in so many distances
- Why he was chewing salt tablets
- A day in the life
- Talks about the evolution of his pre race routine AND tuck jumps
- Why stretching
“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
- Consistent stretching, simple as that, after all of his runs.
Quote on Fire:
- “In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell it to shut up.”
Quiz on Fire:
We take some time on the Cascade Trifecta. You gotta listen to this.
Book on Fire:
Connect with Max:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Max
5x 3 minute intervals on a steep hill.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]