AOF:149 Sonya Looney Be Brave. Do epic shit.
Sonya Looney is a World Champion mountain biker on a mission to empower, teach, and inspire as much on the bike as off. She has competed all over the world from Nepal to Mongolia, Sri Lanka to Patagonia and everywhere in between. An event in Nepal helped her redefine what winning really means. She has been featured on TED Talks and is currently a self managed athlete with 20 brand relationships. She is busy, driven, passionate, and real. You should listen to learn the whole story!
On the show:
- Her hometown Albuquerque
- The best tips for technical mountain biking you’ll ever hear.
- The “Yak Attack” event in Nepal that changed her take on success
- What it is like doing a TED talk
- How she finds and keeps sponsors (20 of them now)
- The crazy story of her guitar SPONSOR!
- A few books she loves
- Her favorite mt. biking resources
- On traveling and racing and defending her world title
More Athletes On Fire
AOF:185 March Madness without my dad, unpredictable spring, and fallen innovators.
On the show: Legend Lost The late and great Royal Robbins passes away at age 82. He was a pioneer in […]Read More ›
AOF:184 An ultra runner named Jeffrey and his bus named Earl.
Jeffrey James Binney is a comedian, actor, and now, ultra runner. Why does he intend on living in a bus? […]Read More ›
AOF:183 The Good Leg Project with Max Conserva
A crazy and horrific accident at the age of 8 and the lightbulb moment 22 years later began a movement […]Read More ›
AOF:182 Athletic Movement Skills with Clive Brewer of the Toronto Blue Jays organization.
Our guest shares his story of how he made a career working with athletes and then we dive in to […]Read More ›