001: Samantha (Sammy) Achterberg: Never knew she was training to be an Olympian.
In this show learn about:
- Modern Pentathlon, what is it?
- How the US Boxing team inspired her.
- How hunting (yes hunting) made her a better athlete.
- How to prevent overtraining.
- Where in the world the sport has taken her.
- Her favorite inspiring book(by winter Olympian)
- Who is inspiring Sammy today.
Quiz on Fire:
- Find out how Sammy did on our famous Sammy’s quiz.
- Sammy gets up early and doesn’t stop. Learn how intense training for 5 disciplines can be with this future Olympian
Quote on Fire:
- “Determination is the strength you achieve after failure.”
- “The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
Book on Fire:
Connect with Samantha:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Sammy’s interview:
Sammy has a great workout for you all to try out, ideally while you listen to this show. And don’t worry, we have a less intimidating version so anyone can get out there and get moving!