AOF:180 Jim Walmsley “Off days are contagious.”
To be able to listen to someone at the top of their respective sport give advice as to what is helping them succeed and to be able to apply it to anyone at any level is what the Athlete On Fire show is all about.
We have done this very well on today’s show. Whether it’s a mental or physical concept, every athlete will be able to take away something interesting to apply to themselves.
On The Show
- How does he approach running the Grand Canyon?
- Why did he finish the race after taking a wrong turn at mile 92?
- What drives him?
- What is his race strategy coming from high altitude?
- What mental tricks does he use when competing?
- His thoughts on days off.
- Why he is learning French
Links to learn more about Jim
- His awesome Instagram account
- A recent Runner’s World article about him
- About the Western States wrong turn we talk about
- His Strava Feed.
Enjoy the show!
More Athletes On Fire
AOF:220 Jesse Itzler on raising adventurous kids, an Everest challenge, and his journey.
Jesse Itzler is a serial entrepreneur, ultra runner, and general seeker of adventure. On the show we talk about: Adventurous […]Read More ›
AOF:219 Grizzly bears, biking adventure, and a calling found in the mountains.
Our guest is as passionate about the outdoors as anyone we have had on the show. We talk about his […]Read More ›
AOF:218 From Mobility WOD HQ, functional training for adaptive athletes.
Max Conserva is back on the show to share a new training protocol he helped develop for coaches and trainers […]Read More ›
AOF:217 Former Olympian finding better ways to deal with injuries with technology.
Ian Warner is a serial entrepreneur, former collegiate and Olympic athlete, and now, a father and husband. We talk about […]Read More ›