AOF:180 Jim Walmsley “Off days are contagious.”
To be able to listen to someone at the top of their respective sport give advice as to what is helping them succeed and to be able to apply it to anyone at any level is what the Athlete On Fire show is all about.
We have done this very well on today’s show. Whether it’s a mental or physical concept, every athlete will be able to take away something interesting to apply to themselves.
On The Show
- How does he approach running the Grand Canyon?
- Why did he finish the race after taking a wrong turn at mile 92?
- What drives him?
- What is his race strategy coming from high altitude?
- What mental tricks does he use when competing?
- His thoughts on days off.
- Why he is learning French
Links to learn more about Jim
- His awesome Instagram account
- A recent Runner’s World article about him
- About the Western States wrong turn we talk about
- His Strava Feed.
Enjoy the show!
More Athletes On Fire
AOF:185 March Madness without my dad, unpredictable spring, and fallen innovators.
On the show: Legend Lost The late and great Royal Robbins passes away at age 82. He was a pioneer in […]Read More ›
AOF:184 An ultra runner named Jeffrey and his bus named Earl.
Jeffrey James Binney is a comedian, actor, and now, ultra runner. Why does he intend on living in a bus? […]Read More ›
AOF:183 The Good Leg Project with Max Conserva
A crazy and horrific accident at the age of 8 and the lightbulb moment 22 years later began a movement […]Read More ›
Adventure doesn't have to be big
Adventure. Everyone wants more but has no idea where to get it. We know it’s good for our heart and […]Read More ›