AOF:180 Jim Walmsley “Off days are contagious.”
To be able to listen to someone at the top of their respective sport give advice as to what is helping them succeed and to be able to apply it to anyone at any level is what the Athlete On Fire show is all about.
We have done this very well on today’s show. Whether it’s a mental or physical concept, every athlete will be able to take away something interesting to apply to themselves.
On The Show
- How does he approach running the Grand Canyon?
- Why did he finish the race after taking a wrong turn at mile 92?
- What drives him?
- What is his race strategy coming from high altitude?
- What mental tricks does he use when competing?
- His thoughts on days off.
- Why he is learning French
Links to learn more about Jim
- His awesome Instagram account
- A recent Runner’s World article about him
- About the Western States wrong turn we talk about
- His Strava Feed.
Enjoy the show!
More Athletes On Fire
A happy birthday gift from my dad, who passed away 10 months ago.
Athlete On Fire was founded on the idea that we can fight for something both on the field and off […]Read More ›
AOF:191 Defining health, bleeding veggie burgers, branding, and healthy plant based food of course.
Matt Frazier founded No Meat Athlete as a blog to follow his own journey and since has grown it into a […]Read More ›
AOF:190 Gold medalist and founder of WheelWod.com on adapting.
Chris Stoutenburg leaned back on a railing when he was 20 years old and fell two stories, landing on his […]Read More ›
AOF:189 Adventure writer and ultrarunner Morgan Tilton.
Morgan Tilton decided to run ultra after ultra one summer after catching the “bug”. She just happens to also be […]Read More ›