003: Grandmaster Han Won Lee: Olympic Medalist /Successful Businessman
Master Lee shares his inspiring story of coming to the states and picking up the sport he won a Bronze in the 1988 Olympics. He is funny and passionate and has some great advice for parents, athletes, and everyone in between!
In this show learn about:
- How Master Lee tore his PCL right before Olympic trials, and made it.
- The difference between visualization and meditation
- Why he is the Peyton Manning of Taekwondo
- Why his legacy is important, but not as an athlete
- Why he tippy toes on competition days
- He gives parents advice “Don’t be a yuppy parent”
- What famous NFL coach went to his high school
- What gave him goosebumps during the show
Quiz on Fire:
- He’s a Taekwondo Master, why not quiz him on neck ties? Don’t worry, I did.
- Visualization- Master Lee dives into this in detail.
Quote on Fire:
- “Attack this day with enthusiasm this world has never seen.”
Book on Fire:
- West Point Way of Leadership
- What To Say When You Talk To Yourself,/li>
Connect with Master Han:
Website: Han Won Lee Academy
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Master Lee’s interview:
Master Lee has a great workout for you all to try out, ideally while you listen to his show. And don’t worry, we have a less intimidating version so anyone can get out there and get moving!