086 Wendy Fisher: Big mountain skiing’s first lady.
Why would you continue to ski after your younger brother was lost due to a skiing accident? To honor him of course. No one could honor him more than today’s guest who ski’s with as much skill and passion as anyone who has put on two planks. The first Olympic skiier to really make the transition to big mountain skiing shares her amazing story that got her where she is today. A case for why more woman should ski and some of the adventures along the way can be heard on the show. We know you will enjoy the show and if you know any young, impressionable women, tell them they should listen as well. This is the Athlete On Fire show.
In This Show We Hear
- Why did she end up in Crested Butte
- How her family ended up in Tahoe
- Why she kept skiing after losing her little brother
- Her involvement with the Snow Sports foundation
- What it was like to ski for her country
- How she got into big mountain competitions
- Why do something if you are scared of it?
- Her involvement with the Pretty Faces project
- What she is planning next
Quote on Fire
“Treat others how you want to be treated.”
Quiz on Fire
Talk about why skateboarding taught her how to teach her ski students better.
Connect With Wendy
Book on Fire:
Other Cool Things From The Show:
Fitness On Fire: Wendy
Listen to her challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.