077 Dr. Nicholas Romanov: How the method developed in Russia in 1977 will help you run better today.
Is running a skill? Our guest says it is and he has over 35 years of research to prove it. We go back in time to when and where the Pose Method originated. You’ll hear how our guest spent Saturdays on top of a train headed for the beach. He shares inspiring stories of how he got his start as an athlete as a high jumper. He still holds records to this day. We talk about his inspiration for his newest book, The Running Revolution, and he even tries to teach us how to say some running related phrases in Russian. Hang out with us, get inspired, and learn more about something we all can do, run better. Listen through the end to find out how to win a free book or apparel! Enjoy this inspiring Athlete On Fire!
“Heel striking is a lack of skill.”
In This Show We Hear
- Why he spent time on the roof of a train
- About his hardcore grandfather and sweet hearted grandmother
- His high jumping influence
- Why he developed the Pose Method
- The Fosbury Flop history
- Why elites and beginners are mentally equals.
- How to say a few phrases in Russian, kind of
- His running based Fitness On Fire
- What coaches are doing right/wrong
Quote on Fire
“Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.” Ayn Rand
Quiz on Fire
We went with a mini lesson in Russian phrases, it was bad.
Connect With Dr. Romanov
Book on Fire:
Other Cool Things From The Show:
Fitness On Fire: Dr. Romanov
Listen to his challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.