073 Nicole Drummer: One year, two labral surgeries, and why she blames the Super Bowl for her MS.
Our guest is a triathlete and endurance coach that has had a lifetime of adversity in one year. Two labral repairs and a life changing diagnosis. While watching the Super Bowl she noticed blurry vision. She went to the doctor soon after to learn of the disease she would diagnosed with. She informs us of both of the issues and tries to explain how she is moving forward. We also go over competing at a high level for endurance athletes and some of the tips and tricks she coaches her athletes to perform at a high level. Plug those head phones in on your next run or ride and take a journey with our newest guest on the Athlete On Fire show.
“Suck it up cupcake.”
In This Show We Hear
- She is actually a Drummer
- Dr. Dan the Manatee Man
- How Team In Training got her hooked on endurance
- Three hip mobility exercises
- How Optic Neuritis led to her diagnosis
- The paratriathlete camp that inspired her
- How she coaches visualization
- Her bike interval Fitness On Fire
- Her role with 303 cycling
Quote on Fire
“If you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.”
Quiz on Fire
We spent the tme for the quiz learning about MS and labral tears.
Connect With Nicole
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Nicole
Listen to her challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.