070 Aaron German: 16 tough mudders for something he believes in.
Have you ever run for a cause? Well, today’s guest takes that concept and goes all in. He is running all 16 Tough Mudder events in the UK for Help for Heroes, a charity he believes in and is raising money for in his efforts. You have heard the story before. After quitting smoking and losing weight he tried one of the well known events and was hooked. This wasn’t enough for our guest. He had to go big. He wanted to try all 16 of these and he wanted to do it for charity. After serving himself in the Army it was a perfect fit. He shares his beginnings from the Pacific Northwest and some inspiration competing. The real inspiration for today’s guest is that he is a a regular guy doing some amazing athletic things. Enjoy this episode of Athlete On Fire!
“I couldn’t just do it for me, I had to do it for charity.”
In This Show We Hear
- His youth in the Pacific Northwest
- Skateboarding and concussions
- How quitting smoking played into the journey
- The moment he got hooked on obstacle racing
- Why he decided on Help For Heroes
- How many Tough Mudder’s he is doing this year
- Inspiring story of wrestler with no legs
- Myths about London for us westerners
- Who is inspiring him now
- What group he started for multiple Mudders online
- Why you should try to go big
Quote on Fire
“Just do it.”
Quiz on Fire
We find out three common held myths about his home city, London.
Connect With Aaron
Just taking action.
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Aaron
Listen to his challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.