064 Kelsey Campbell: How she wrestled on a bet and ended up in the olympics.
What have you done on a bet? Did you ever end up making the Olympics from that? Yeah, didn’t think so. Today’s guest did. Some guy friends in high school bet the athlete that she couldn’t hang with the wrestlers and from there it just gets better. She talks about walking on at Arizona State University and wrestling Anthony Robles for the first time. She speaks to persistence and coming up poor and resourceful as a kid in Oregon. She is a closet performer(her term), and loves the idea of changing the world. There have only been
a handful of Division I female wrestlers and you are going to enjoy the story of this one today on the Athlete On Fire show!
“I’m a control freak.”
In This Show We Hear
- Why does Brittany Spears come up in the show?
- Why was being poor growing so important to her character
- Her brothers early entrepreneurial skills
- How she started wrestling on a bet
- How she was discovered at MMA studio in AZ
- Her experience wrestling Anthony Robles
- How many DI women wrestlers have ever made it?
- Her very tough and steamy workout suggestion
- Her prediction for Rio Olympics
- Some of her positive affirmations
- Why legacy is so important to her
Quote on Fire
“I’ve failed over and over again in my life and it is why I succeed.” Michael Jordan
Quiz on Fire
She celebrated her Olympic Trials win at Outback but how much does she know about the real Outback?
Connect With Kelsey
Positive affirmations during training and competing.
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Kelsey
Listen to her challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.