063 Samantha Gash: Four deserts, changing the world, elephants, and bear(s) grylls.
What happens when you have spents days out on the desert, running, nonstop? Well, sometimes you see things that aren’t there. Sometimes you find your passion out there as well. Today’s guest has done both. She was the youngest and the first female to complete the 4 deserts challenge. Conquering 100’s of unsupported miles in the world’s most extreme deserts. She works a full time job and shares how you can reach your athletic goals as a working athlete. This is powerful as we are all mostly working in some way. She is doing some amazing things in the near future for women and girls in South Africa that is mind boggling. She shares how she uses visualization to prepare for her events. Did we mention she has a meeting Bear Grylls story? If you love a passionate athlete doing amazing things you are going to love today’s episode of Athlete On Fire.
“I’m a control freak.”
In This Show We Hear
- What did her mom do that took 2hrs a week?
- Three habits of successful athletes with real jobs
- Why seeing an elephant and a train was NOT normal
- All about her upcoming Freedom Trail cause and adventure
- PLEASE donate for her amazing cause HERE
- Her Dakota Jones story about being a pro
- How did she run into Bear Grylls?
- How hairdryers make it into her visualizations
- Why knowing how to assess physical states is important
- How multi day stage races have always inspired her
- Why her best advice is to be authentic
Quote on Fire
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not… more.”Marianne Williamson
Quiz on Fire
She ran the 4 most extreme deserts, we quiz her on the Four Seasons.
Connect With Samantha
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Samantha
Listen to his challenge on the show: She admits she doesn’t enjoy speed work but it has made a difference in her performance. Listen to her set for your next challenging run workout.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!