062 Mike Allsop: From the top of everest to 7 marathons in 7 continents in 7 days.
This episode is about adventure and the lessons learned along the way. Our guest shares the many lessons from his unlikely adventures and what drives him to do more. What word did his mother ban from the house? At the age of 15, what dream did he chase that formed the life he has today. He shares the importance of risk verse reward and how he came up with
the 777 project. What are three mental skills YOU can use when something seems unbearable? Learn why the journey is so important to him and his case for and against climbing Everest. Oh, did we mention he ran the highest marathon in history. This interview, like our guest’s life is one big adventure. Enjoy another Athlete On Fire.
In This Show We Hear
- What age he knew he would be a pilot and how.
- What word his mom banned during his childhood
- Why $70 was a big deal
- About his Sherpa guided Everest summit
- How he came up with the 777 project
- The logistics of such an amazing feat in 7 continents
- Why a plan is so important
- 3 mental skills to get through anything
- 3 ways to accomplish anything
- What happened on mile 10 of marathon number 2 of 7
- How he survived a crash in the Pacific
Quote on Fire
“Do or do not, there is no try”Yoda
Quiz on Fire
2 cases FOR climbing Everest. 2 cases AGAINST climbing Everest.
Connect With Mike
Dreaming big and never ever giving up.
Book on Fire:
Fitness On Fire: Mike
Listen to his challenge on the show: A mental challenge on commitment.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!