059 Jeremy Powers: An amazing athlete on what it takes in cyclocross, and cross-dressing;) .
This episode of Athlete On Fire brings a National Champion and world class athlete in the sport of cyclocross in to the mix. He shares what his family did every summer and how it formed his idea of what work is. He got into his sport at 15 and pretty much never looked back. He shares how his
optimism allows him to compete at a high level and what a day in the life is like. He breaks down the sport of cyclocross for anyone who may not know what it is and his passion is contagious. After today’s show you are going to go out and find the next cyclocross event near you and enter because today’s athlete is absolutely on FIRE!
Credit: Todd Prekaski
In This Show We Hear
- How he got into his sport
- Why he made his mom so upset early on
- How paper plates inspired him
- How ice cream is such a vital role in his success
- His failure at world’s and how he bounced back
- Why no caffeine for races
- How other amazing athletes have inspired him
- What a cyclocross event is like
- A great specific cycling workout
- Why click and save is important
- How he works for his sport
Quote on Fire
“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten”
Quiz on Fire
Cyclocross lead to cross-dressing. Pretty funny stuff here.
Connect With Jeremy
Book on Fire:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Jeremy
Listen to his challenge on the show: A great side cycling interval set.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!