057 Matt Johnson: When the love of running leads to a runner academy.
getting his mile under 5 minutes again and we love his advice onhow to keep moving after a long busy work day. Try his core workout he shares and go back to his childhood when he spent time hanging out at Wrigley field! Today’s episode is for all levels and everyone will take something away in this installment. Enjoy this episode of Athlete On Fire!
“Get out there and CRUSH IT”
In This Show We Hear
- Why basketball is out of the question
- How driving 294 prepared him for entrepreneurial life
- How to stay motivated to run after long days
- His awesome oblique routine, stolen from his wife!
- What goal he has for himself in the mile
- What moment inspired him at a marathon
- What he has learned from his amazing guests from Runner Academy
- 3 reasons you should run
- A great specific track workout
- Why taking purposeful action is important
- His early days at Wrigley and some great stories about his grandfather regarding the team
Quote on Fire
“Make no small plans.”
Quiz on Fire
Cubs v. White Sox, Old Style, and the general bitterness that comes as a Cubbies fan;)
Connect With Matt
Book on Fire:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Matt
Listen to his challenge on the show: A great side plank/oblique challenge.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!