053 Lisa Hamilton: “I was scared to death before my first (and only) marathon.
Our guest shares her story of growing up on the beautiful island of St. Croix. How her days were very regimented and her athletic start as a swimmer. She goes into her natural talent as a runner and how she got started in the sport. Hear how close she was to competing in the Athens Olympics, who is inspiring her today, and what habit she has that allows her to perform at a high level. Another passionate athlete shares another inspiring story on the Athlete On Fire show today!
In this show hear:
- Her life on St. Croix.
- Why she started Conscious Runner
- Why trips to the garbage dump were such a memory
- A day in the life
- Three things her son taught her
- How she preps pre race
- How close she was to the Olympics
- All about her 4:58 mile with no training
- Why she only ran one marathon
“I was scared to death.”
- Breaking down goals and persisting.
Quote on Fire:
- “Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.” Bill Cosby
Quiz on Fire:
- You have to listen to learn how we got to a quiz on Yogi Bear.
Book on Fire:
Connect with Lisa:
Fitness On Fire: Lisa
Listen to his challenge on the show: Single leg physioball bridges.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!