Our guest was one of the catalysts for Athlete On Fire as a Colorado buddy of Scott’s and he just happens to be an amazing athlete himself. Learn how he manages a crazy work/life balance with training for endurance mountain biking, raising two little ones, and running his own successful online brand and podcast, Mountain Bike Radio. We talk about how being authentic is a byproduct of tough endurance racing and how to break down long events. He gives some great actionable advice and we go off topic a bit with our history. Hope you enjoy this 52nd installment of the Athlete On Fire podcast!
In this show hear:
- Where his early athletic passions were.
- All about mountainbikeradio.com
- Who instilled his work ethic
- A day in the life
- A great 20 min challenge for the bike
- How he breaks down long events
- A few things you may not have known about Wisconsin
- Who and what is inspiring Ben
- How endurance forces authenticity
“Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the face.”Mike Tyson
Quote on Fire:
- “If you are not failing, you are not trying hard enough.”
Quiz on Fire:
- Food facts from good old Wisconsin
Book on Fire:
Anything Michael Pollan
Connect with Ben:
Fitness On Fire: Ben
Listen to his challenge on the show: Go as hard as you possibly can on the bike for 20 min.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]