Our guest is an ultra runner. An ultra ultra runner. He “only” completed 460 miles of a 500 mile event and lived to tell us all about it. We are talking torrential rain for multiple days that lead to the most descriptive foot damage ever on the show. Be sure not to listen during lunch. He gives us all some great mental processes that help and he shares why death is always on his mind. His inspiring story of a new friend that made a sacrifice for him is moving and you are probably not even going to try his fitness challenge, or are you? Enjoy the show with this inspiring, and at times disgusting, Athlete On Fire!
In this show hear:
- 460 miles, not bad
- Why cutting ties with negative people is hard and important
- His crazy creepy beer stein
- The equivalent to climbing everest 4 times
- Forrest Gump reference!
- Meeting a mentor on the mountain
- How he got the nickname “stormtrooper”
- We talk instincts and reaction/li>
- Great pointers on who to refocus running when it’s going rough
- We talk weird injuries(not for the squeamish)
- A day in the life! WOW
“I try to get at least 20 miles a day.”
- Rolling out muscles every day.
Quote on Fire:
- “I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself. “D.H.Lawrence
Quiz on Fire:
Having too much fun to stop today!
Book on Fire:
Connect with Nick:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Nick
Listen to his challenge on the show: 500 burpees, geez.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]