041 Susan Loken: How to start being an athlete in your 30’s and still leave an amazing legacy!
Our guest today is a runner and a coach. But get this, she didn’t start running until after her third child was born at 35 years old. Since then she has gone on to win multiple major events as well as multiple Olympic Trial appearances starting at the age of 40! She found her passion and since has been inspiring and coaching others to do similar things. She shares why being 100% invested in your heart is important for any goal and how to get there.
In this show hear:
- Her roots in Seattle
- When and how she got running
- How she found her passion
- The importance of inspiring others
- Her success with Twin Cities Marathon
- What is a Masters athlete?
- Who inspires her?
- Why “believe” is a part of her life
- When she failed and why it won’t happen again
- Her pre race routine
- Tasty recipes
“Pick a goal and be determined…”
- Keep your thoughts positive. Surround yourself with like minded people.
Quote on Fire:
- “Go find a way to believe in yourself.”
Quiz on Fire:
We talk Arizona training runs!
Book on Fire:
Connect with Susan:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Susan
Listen to her challenge: partner 800’s.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!