040 Bill Gates: From a start in BMX racing to do doing 10 marathons in 10 days, an endurance athlete’s story.
Our guest today is a former Division I cycling athlete who has since competed in and won ultra endurance events. He shares stories about his journey into endurance sports and how he founded his website to help people navigate their own nutritional journey. He talks about running 10 marathons in 10 days just to train for his ultra and he gives actionable advice to stay healthy and feeling good that you can implement today. Bill’s high energy and passion for all things health, fitness, performance, and nutrition make for another great episode of Athlete On Fire!
In this show hear:
- How BMX got him started
- how he came up with Kitchen Made Abs
- Why cycling made sense for him
- 10 marathons in 10 days
- How his nutrition philosophy was formed
- A day in the life of Bill
- Why he drinks a liter of water right when he gets up
- His green smoothie recipe
“You can do more than you think you can.”
- Foam rolling and trigger point. For energy prevention and to stay loose. HYDRATION. Elevating legs.
Quote on Fire:
- “Shut up legs.”
Quiz on Fire:
We talk triathlon and stories from his experiences!
Book on Fire:
Connect with Bill:
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Bill
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!