Our guest is wildly entertaining. Almost as wild as the events she competes in all over the world as the first female obstacle course racer. She tells stories of failure and why you shouldn’t take yourself so seriously. She shares a story of a man who was once 700 pounds and how it inspired her. Her story about a crazy event in Nicaragua has everything from carrying live chickens to climbing bamboos poles and almost losing it. She is also a writer on obstacle racing and has her very own book with her expertise in the sport to showcase for all. This is one of those shows you hope will never end which means we will just have to do it all again!
In this show hear:
- Her childhood as a ski racer
- Where she found her love of the outdoors
- Why you should listen to your parents
- How many obstacles races she has competed in
- She wrote a book?
- A guy that weighed 700 lbs who inspired her
- A day in the life of a pro obstacle racer
- Handcuffed and chickens, bawk?
- How to get started writing well
- What can YOU do in 5 minutes?
“You just turn your brain off and do it.”
- Speaks to some great habits for fitness and writing.
Quote on Fire:
- “Work smarter, not harder.”
Quiz on Fire:
She talks about the 4 toughest events she has competed in. Great stories.
World’s Toughest Mudder
Fuego Y Agua
Spartan Death Race
Book on Fire:
Connect with Margaret:
“It’s okay to mess up…failure is not that bad.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Margaret
Pick up a rock on a trail. Throw it and run up to it continually for 2 miles.
Links coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]