123 Dean Karnazes(rereleased): The ultramarathon man himself on what inspires him….. And lying, McDonalds, surfing and deserts!
Our guest tells stories so well he’ll have you from the first 10 seconds of the show. He is one of the most well known endurance athletes on the planet and he shares things with Athlete on Fire you probably haven’t heard anywhere else. Grab that smart phone, plug in those ear phones and get out there while you listening to the inspiring guest today!
In this show hear:
- How endurance unites people and families
- About his early days surfing all day long
- About the first time he lied to his mom, and how far he went that day
- 50 in 50 in 50, wow
- His dad’s golfing feat in his 70’S
- His crazy hallucinations at the Badwater Ultra
- About the Four Deserts Challenge
- Dean laugh at me when I ask which extreme he prefers!
- Why he never runs the same route back to back
- Why McDonalds?
“I was one of the only ones that would run to the beach, board under arm, 3 miles each way, in my sandles.” Dean on his childhood
- Delayed gratification-talks about his daily routine and the discipline it takes to do it.
Quote on Fire:
- “It’s not how many times to fall down, it’s how many times you get back up!”
Quiz on Fire:
- Since Dean ran 50 marathons in 50 states we thought a quiz about unique small towns was in line.
Book on Fire:
“Dad, I’m gonna make it..then she took off in a sprint.”
Connect with Dean:
“Motivation is tough, especially if you aren’t motivated.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Dean likes to run so much that he shares one of his favorite challenges. .01% might try it. Have fun!