103 Chantae McMillan: The quest to be the best heptathlete in the world.
Our guest made the 2012 Olympic team with just 4 months of training and rehab after a serious injury. She is now on the quest to be the best in the world in her sport, heptathlon. She moved to a new city to work with a coach she felt would give her the best chance to do just that. We talk about specific training regimen as well as the mental checklist to compete at a high level. Enjoy this Olympic Athlete On Fire!
“Butterflies into killer bees.”
In This Show We Hear
- How she got into heptathlon
- Growing up as an army brat
- A day in the life of an Olympian
- How she came back from a major injury
- A good warm up for you!
- Why she drinks two glasses of water before breakfast
- A great track workout
- Why she moved to Pittsburgh
- The importance of sacrifice
- Why she helps “Athletes For Hope”
- What’s next?
Quote on Fire
“Did I get closer to my goal?”
The Mental Game
A checklist for competing.
Connect With Chantae
She only had 4 months to rehab and train for the 2012 Olympics after an injury.
Fitness On Fire: Chantae
Listen to her challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.