102 Teddy Dupay: Not 500 shots a day, 500 makes a day.
Our guest runs a basketball development program in Tampa, Florida. His intensity from his playing days have allowed him to define and develop a philosophy with the youth he mentors and coaches everyday. He also just happens to be the all time leading scorer in the state of Florida, Billy Donovan’s first ever recruit for the Florida Gators, former Mr. Basketball in Florida, as well as a former professional. The accolades are impressive but there were certainly bumps along the way. Lessons were learned and a life’s passion was found. Enjoy today’s Athlete On Fire!
“There is no one day or practice that makes or breaks one kid.”
In This Show We Hear
- Who his first real mentor was
- The importance of cross training and always competing
- His many accolades in the state of Florida
- Humility vs. confidence
- What the 95 Blitz mentality is
- What it was like being coached by Frank Morris
- Why 500 makes a day was so important
- A really cool way to start jump roping consistently
- The importance of sacrifice
- The best players he has played for and against
- What’s next?
Quote on Fire
“Confidence comes from competence.”
The Mental Game
It’s all about the “to be” list, not the “to do” list.
Connect With Teddy
He is still the all time leading scorer in the state of Florida.
Fitness On Fire: Teddy
Listen to his challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.