101 Mike Hermanson: He’s a professional triathlete that overcame depression and an eating disorder.
Sponsored by:Energy Bits
Don’t forget, today’s guest is an athlete ambassador for Energy Bits. They are offering all Athlete On Fire listeners 30% off any order with the code “athleteonfire”. Cool company with a great story, trying to do big things! Go HERE to check out more.
You don’t often hear about eating disorders in boys, or men. Today’s guest shares his story and how he came out of his depression and disorder to become a professional triathlete. He is now helping other youth with similar issues. As far as the athlete piece, he is a thoughtful triathlete and shares some killer workouts as well as what it takes to stay mentally tough for any sport. Enjoy today’s Athlete On Fire show.
“You’re fast, you’re strong, you’re powerful.”
In This Show We Hear
- How he earned money as a young entrepreneur
- His roots in Kalamazoo
- A story on depression, and how he dealt with it
- When he got into triathlons
- What habit helps his success
- Where did his work ethic come from?
- Showing up to swim practice, that wasn’t his.
- How to not lose the race before it starts
- The importance of having a coach
- His take on an eating disorder, and how he is helping others
- What’s next?
Quote on Fire
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/muhammadal148629.html#qHwLWZXEtViE1Taa.99.” Muhammed Ali
The Mental Game
We talk about how to stay mentally tough competing.
Connect With Mike
Mike had an eating disorder, he now helps others from his experience.
Fitness On Fire: Mike
Listen to his challenge on the show or go to our brand new Fitness On Fire page to learn more.