035 Trista Francis: On Conquering negative self talk, legacy by helping others succeed, visualization, tears and goose bumps.
What makes our guest on this episode is not her own athletic success but how inspired she is by the athletes that she coaches and leads to do amazing things. Please don’t be fooled though as she is an amazing athlete herself. She shares how she got started in athletics in southern Colorado, how not being able to swim was the deterrant to competing in triathlon, and how she got off to a career in coaching elite endurance athletes. You are going to love her passion and emotion in this show and it’s not all just fluff, we dig into some training principles that may help you in your athletic journey.
In this show hear:
- How young she got started running
- What got her started in triathlon
- How knowing more than her coach, led to her coaching career
- What client inspired her at Leadville, and how.
- What is FTP?
- Goose bumps and tears in one episode? Yep.
- What she is thinking during a race
- How to get rid of negative self talk with layers
- What is a training day like for her
- Her take on testing for athletes
“The instructor said, “put your fins on, your going to drown”.”
- Amazing visualization tips.Conquer your negative talk.
Quote on Fire:
- “The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he’s always doing both.” James A. Michener
Quiz on Fire:
We talk about her travels in the sport all over the world. We love travel stories!
Book/Movie on Fire:
Life Of Pi– She has a great take on this.
Connect with Trista:
“Train your mind, train your heart, train your body.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Trista
Coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!