Our guest has put together an amazing collaboration of writing from some influential authors, runners, poets, and more to benefit The One Fund Boston, a charity for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013. Like anyone who just wanted to help after the tragedy, this is our guest’s way to reach out. He shares stories of his experience in the 2013 Boston Marathon that are sure to inspire.
In this show hear:
- How did the 27th mile come about?
- How he chose the charity he did for the book
- Leading a blind runner in the marathon
- How to choose a coach based on Ray’s quote
- A 50k back and forth on a 2 mile strip
- Don’t be afraid to suck
- The red jock strap, what?
- The legacy of AOF
- How his wife has inspired him
- Who inspired him from the 27th Mile
“I don’t win races, I just finish them.”
- Just start and don’t be afraid to suck. Especially for writing.
Quote on Fire:
- “Every runner is an experiment of one.” George Sheehan
Book on Fire:
Connect with Ray:
“You should run over the distance of your event…”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Ray
Coming soon(FOF is going through a redesign)!
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]