031 Ben Tanzer: This episode will change your life!
Our guest is a passionate runner and writer. His daily runs have led to a writing style all his own and he is happy to share what drives his legs and his thoughts. You might learn a few things about how to get your own thoughts written with some of his tips from the show. Join us for a thoughtful take on a passion so many of our guests share!
In this show hear:
- His bucolic, idylic start in small town America
- Where he got his work ethic and why you work every day
- How his book “99 Problems” came to be
- What is his minimum running and writing per day?
- More euphoria from running or writing?
- You need to read voraciously
- 3 tips for you to write well
- Bucket list and Kilamanjaro
- Why he is passionate that every day has meaning
- Two words in a pause?
“He was a sorta gangbanger, high school dropout…”
- To be as workman like as possible. Don’t wait to feel good to run or write every day.
Quote on Fire:
- “There is no finish line.”
Quiz on Fire:
Tanzer roughly translates to Tanzania, to me. So I quiz him on the African country!
Book on Fire:
Connect with Ben:
“Chicago writers are inspiring me.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Fitness On Fire: Ben
New format coming soon!