Our guest is the second water sport athlete we have had on the show. He shares his inspiring story of overcoming a serious injury to go on and do some amazing thins in Stand Up Paddleboarding. From compartment syndrome to a 170 mile trek on the board, he has some great stories and ideas that you will want to hear!
In this show hear:
- What is SUP?
- About the injury he came back from
- Crabbing as a hobby?
- How he found SUP
- Why SUP is for everyone
- His amazing bald eagle story
- How he trains for SUP endurance events
- All about his 170 miles journey on the board
- Why resetting is important for so many people
- Why standing is important to him
“I’m just happy to be able to stand.”
- To stand as much as possible throughout the day.
Quote on Fire:
- “Life is 10% what actually happens to me and 90% how I react to it.”
Book on Fire:
Connect with Nathan:
“I could step on a penny and it would feel like knives.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Ashton Eaton- Source of an inspiring moment
Fitness On Fire: Nathan Woods
More Athletes On Fire
[athleterecentposts pex_attr_cat=”47″ pex_attr_number=”4″ pex_attr_columns=”2″][/athleterecentposts]