028 Nathan Woods: 170 miles on the water, overcoming injury, bald eagles, and what his unique legacy will be.
Our guest is the second water sport athlete we have had on the show. He shares his inspiring story of overcoming a serious injury to go on and do some amazing thins in Stand Up Paddleboarding. From compartment syndrome to a 170 mile trek on the board, he has some great stories and ideas that you will want to hear!
In this show hear:
- What is SUP?
- About the injury he came back from
- Crabbing as a hobby?
- How he found SUP
- Why SUP is for everyone
- His amazing bald eagle story
- How he trains for SUP endurance events
- All about his 170 miles journey on the board
- Why resetting is important for so many people
- Why standing is important to him
“I’m just happy to be able to stand.”
- To stand as much as possible throughout the day.
Quote on Fire:
- “Life is 10% what actually happens to me and 90% how I react to it.”
Book on Fire:
Connect with Nathan:
“I could step on a penny and it would feel like knives.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Ashton Eaton- Source of an inspiring moment
Fitness On Fire: Nathan Woods