026 David Orman: Perspective on drinking water, courage, and how inspiration sometimes comes from complete exhaustion.
Our guest today shares his story of being down to $500 before the internet boomed and how he thrived afterwards. He runs a Systema academy in Central Florida and shares amazing insights as to why martial arts are such a big part of his life. A thinking man’s athlete, a passionate athlete, and definitely, an Athlete On Fire!
In this show hear:
- How his dad’s military background influenced him
- Learn about all of his black belts
- About his first meeting with Systema leader, pretty wild
- What Systema is.
- Why a man from Benin was so inspiring
- Why he runs and when inspiration come to him
- About a Japanese sword maker story
- Why Tai Chi is a part of every day for him
- How long it takes to create a habit
- Some amazing changes he has seen in people from Systema
“When you ask somebody who has been there, listen.”
- Do something physical on a daily basis, amongst many other things.
Quote on Fire:
- “We cannot be a team of ordinary men because ordinary men go nowhere, we must be extraordinary.” Herb Brooks
Quiz on Fire:
- He has multiple black belts so naturally we interview him about seat belts!
Book on Fire:
Connect with David:
“When you follow your passion either good, very good, or great things happen.”
David’s challenge is a unique breathing drill. You have got to try this one!