022 Ariana Hilborn: Owner of the most glamorous pre race routine in elite running history!
She ran a marathon just under 5 hours and qualified for Boston just a year later. This elite runner talks about her inspiring family, how to visualize for your competitions and all about the perils of running in Arizona.
In this show hear:
- Poms poms to elite runner, huh?
- From 5hr marathon to BQ in one year
- About her inspiring family
- How she practices new mantra’s on the track
- How she hurts like everyone else
- About the “pain train”
- Her pre race routine is unprecedented
- A day in the life of Ariana
- Her favorite track workout
- A great spinach smoothie recipe
“The pain train is black and fiery red.”
- Compounding efforts mean so much. Speaks to the details of every day adding up over the long haul. She also teaches us how to visualize.
Quote on Fire:
- “You can, you will.”
Quiz on Fire:
- I quiz Ariana all about Arizona running. Snakes, cacti and heat oh my.
Book on Fire:
Connect with Ariana:
“I feel like I can be an inspiration to other people.”
Resources mentioned during the show:
Ariana is an elite runner. This workout can help you get there too!