013 Amanda Brooks: From the corporate world to life as a runner and pro blogger.
In this episode our guest shares her story about her transition from the corporate world to the life that she “feels like the luckiest person in the world” living. She is a runner, coach, speaker, and she dives into all of on this episode.
In this show learn about:
- How she went from the corporate world to full time blogger/runner
- Why what she does makes her the luckiest person in the world
- Her NYC Marathon experience
- Why she will be racing more for her training
- Expect it and accept it. Her take on the 20 mile mark.
- How she gets in the “zone”
- Learn about the 10:2:5 method and how it keeps her on track
- Learn about the 80/20 nutrition rule
- She’s got alot of love for Ellen, hear why
- Meditation and the 10:2:5 method.
Quote on Fire:
- “It’s never to late to be what you might have been.”
Books on Fire:
Recommendations from Amanda
Running On Air
Unbroken– This book has made the list multiple times. Must read.
“I don’t have to get motivated to run, I know it will make me happy.”
Connect with Amanda Brooks:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Amanda’s interview:
NYC Marathon– Amanda talks about her experience here.
“I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world.”
Amanda shares a treadmill challenge for you all.. Yes she loves the treadmill!