In this episode our guest shares her story about her transition from the corporate world to the life that she “feels like the luckiest person in the world” living. She is a runner, coach, speaker, and she dives into all of on this episode.
In this show learn about:
- How she went from the corporate world to full time blogger/runner
- Why what she does makes her the luckiest person in the world
- Her NYC Marathon experience
- Why she will be racing more for her training
- Expect it and accept it. Her take on the 20 mile mark.
- How she gets in the “zone”
- Learn about the 10:2:5 method and how it keeps her on track
- Learn about the 80/20 nutrition rule
- She’s got alot of love for Ellen, hear why
- Meditation and the 10:2:5 method.
Quote on Fire:
- “It’s never to late to be what you might have been.”
Books on Fire:
Recommendations from Amanda
Running On Air
Unbroken– This book has made the list multiple times. Must read.
“I don’t have to get motivated to run, I know it will make me happy.”
Connect with Amanda Brooks:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Amanda’s interview:
NYC Marathon– Amanda talks about her experience here.
“I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world.”
Amanda shares a treadmill challenge for you all.. Yes she loves the treadmill!