In this episode our guest takes us from his early days growing up in a small town in Nebraska and how that town inspires and supports him. He goes on to talk about his football days at Nebraska, playing bass guitar, his crazy unique degree and oh yeah, his gold medal in the Vancouver Olympics. You are going to enjoy the journey as much I did interviewing him.
In this show learn about:
- His small town Nebraskan childhood
- His career stats for the Nebraska Cornhuskers
- How much he squats and power cleans, wow!
- How his passion for guitar and bobsled parallel
- Our first electrical engineering/astrophysics conversation on AOF
- How fellow Olympian Billy Demong inspired him
- How he mentally prepares before competition
- How he trains for and prevents injury in the off season
- A day in the life of Curt
- Imagery and visual repetition- Another great take on visualization.
Quote on Fire:
- “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
Books on Fire:
Recommendations from Curt
The Sport’s Gene
Connect with Curt Tomasevicz:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Curt’s interview:
“My hometown has always been a huge inspiration for me.”
Curt shares a workout challenge for all of you wannabe bobsledders and power athletes. Have fun and tell those quads you love them!