010 Chris Mazdzer: The need, the need for speed.
In this episode our guest takes us on his journey to one of the fastest sports in the world, luge. He tells us how he chose luge over bobsled and just how unique a sport luge is to train for. Added to the mix is his insatiable appetite for speed and adventure and you are going to learn a bunch from this inspiring young athlete!
In this show learn about:
- How he got started in luge
- His description of Latvia over the last 11 years
- How fast you can go on the track
- How many Gs you can pull on the track and what that feels like
- What his parents did that influences his adventurous spirit
- How he uses visulization in competition
- How he compares his sport to motorcycling
- What his workouts are like
- What makes him laugh, think, and cry
“ My only superstition is to not be superstitious.”
- Visualization- He goes into detail how he makes it work for him.
Quote on Fire:
- “Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today.” James Dean
“I’d rather be known for my contributions then my results.”
Books on Fire:
Connect with Chris Mazdzer:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Chris’s interview:
“Visualization gets your body ready for the sensations they are about to feel.”
Chris has a challenge for you all to try out next time you workout, ideally while you listen to his show.