007 Jason Robillard: Ultra runner and writer on life, making big changes, and what not to wipe with.
In this episode our guest takes us from his “suburban hell” to his life as an author and ultra runner amongst many other things…
In this show learn about:
- How many miles he rode to hang with his buddies as a kid
- How suburban hell helped him decide to make a big change
- How powerful the stories of other runners have affected him
- The importance of self monitoring
- The unprecedented “douche” quiz
- Superstition as self fulfilling prophecy
- Jason’s take on bragging athletes
- The importance of leaving something for the future
- Why his wife inspires him
- Whose book inspired him to write
- Why he wrote his last book about Ultra Running
- Routine over superstition.
Quote on Fire:
- “What works for one person may not work for another.”
Book on Fire:
Connect with Jason Robillard:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Jason Robillard’s interview:
As a runner Jason has a great trail running challenge for you all to try out next time you run, ideally while you listen to his show.