In this episode learn how persistence has paid off and how failing is just part of the sport he made his life. Tommy Watkins and I have a pretty laid back talk about his career, what made him cry, and who is inspiring him right now! Oh and did I mention he signed his own booty about 500 times. Enjoy!
In this show learn about:
- How many years he spent in the minors before getting his call up to the Majors
- His coaching style with the Minnesota Twins Minor League team
- Who inspires him now
- Why he has the most famous a$$ in the world
- Who his locker was next to when he got called up
- How to deal with failing 70% of the time
Quiz on Fire:
- He played for the Twins so does he know anything about REAL twins?
Quote on Fire:
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Phillipians 4:13
- “Find greatness within.”
Book on Fire:
Connect with Tommy:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Tommy Watkin’s interview:
Fitness on Fire
I interviewed Tommy before the Fitness on Fire concept was born. Don’t worry though, we will have baseball specific training in the future.