002: Christian Griffith: He survived a little thing named Arthur.
As an adventurer and ultra runner our next guest has a story of survival from the the unlikeliest of foes and great stories of Ultra running up volcanoes and in other amazing locales. He’s an inspiring man and his passion carries the show. Enjoy!
In this show learn about:
- What a Masters athlete is
- How he spent his youth by the ocean
- How a barefoot kid in Nicaragua inspired Christian
- How he kept cool during the Keys 100
- How he got a paralyzed diaphragm
- How he holds himself accountable to the world
- Who inspires him
Quiz on Fire:
- Yes, we quiz Christian on amoeba’s.
Quote on Fire:
- “Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.”
- “Live for a living.”
Connect with Christian:
Athlete on Fire resources inspired by Christian’s interview:
Keys100 – Ultra in the Florida Keys
Fuego y Agua – Crazy ultra in Nicaragua
KidsBiology.com – Used for the amoeba interview. Cool site.
Mountain Mist 50k
The Stick – Tool for loosening up before his runs.
Christian has a great workout for you all to try out, ideally while you listen to his show. And don’t worry, we have a less intimidating version so anyone can get out there and get moving!